Heated car seats — wraps, covers, recessed
To create a comfortable environment in the car during the cold season, it is recommended to install heated seats. This is a special device that is powered by the on-board network and provides heating for car seats. Their feature is that they are extremely easy to operate, heat up quickly and consume a relatively small amount of energy. Now in stores you can buy heated seats in a variety of designs, for all kinds of car brands. Different types and models have their own characteristics, and it is important to consider them when choosing the ideal heating, which can provide warm and comfortable conditions even in severe frost.
Types of car seat heating
Heated seat cover
This is a fairly popular option, which is worth buying if you do not want to make any changes to the design of the car seat. They come in the form of wraps and covers, some of them are equipped with a built-in massager. They have a lot of advantages:
- Extremely simple installation-do not require special installation. They are fixed on the car seat using special fasteners, and then are connected through the cigarette lighter socket.
- Mobility and autonomy. At any time they can be removed and rearranged on another car.
- There may be several operating modes that are switched using a special knob.
- Affordable price.
Built-in seat heater
Their main difference is that such heating requires a special installation, since the heating elements are placed under the casing of the car seat. It is better to turn to professionals who are versed in electronics and will be able to connect everything correctly. This type of device has certain advantages:
- Profitability, in the process of their work consume little energy.
- Often have special protection against moisture.
- Multi-stage power adjustment available.
- Reliability through the use of durable materials.
- Fast and efficient heating of elements.
- Some models may turn on at the same time as the engine starts.
The second option has a higher price, but built-in heaters work longer, since all the main heating elements are inside the seat, and are less susceptible to external factors and mechanical abrasion. All types of seat heating for cars are powered by an on-board network of 12 V (sometimes 24 V), and consume energy in the range of 30-80 watts. Built-in usually connect directly to the on-board network, and capes and covers through the cigarette lighter socket.
Types of heating elements in car seat heating
Wire heating element
The wire inside the entire area of ??the structure is laid in a winding path. It is placed inside heat-resistant Teflon insulation, which increases the safety of use of the device, but at the same time reduces the heat transfer coefficient.
This type is the most affordable, but has some disadvantages: fragility, relatively low strength, sensitivity to high loads.
For such models, the heaters are made of a special polymer carbon material. Their feature is that they heat up faster, are more flexible, durable, and are not susceptible to permanent deformation and oxidation at elevated temperatures, which allows them to operate for a long time. This is a strong enough argument to choose seat heating for cars with carbon fiber elements.
What should I look for when choosing a car heater?
In heating systems, reliability and functionality are very important, so be sure to look at the quality of the material, as well as the availability of such functions, before you buy:
- Display system that informs about the selected heating mode.
- Built-in thermostat-this device allows you to automatically adjust the level of heating.
- Overheat protection is a very important function, it will automatically turn off the device if a critical temperature limit is reached, not allowing the system to burn out and fail.
- Convenient adjustment of heating-it should be easy for the driver to change the parameters of the device. Adjustment can be two-position (used in devices with two main operating modes) and multi-position (allows flexible adjustment and setting the degree of heating, most often used in embedded models).
Where to buy heated seats?
In our online store 130.com.ua you can choose a variety of models, including the catalog presents: seat heating Emelya, Heyner, Mitsumi, Vitol, Elegant and Dometic Waeco. All products have excellent performance indicators, are protected from overheating, which means that they are completely safe and approved for use.
With us you can buy heaters for the front and rear seats of a car. Manager will help on find the best option for your car, taking into account its brand and size of seats.
Make any train to the car in the winter as pleasant and comfortable as possible!