How to set up and configure the audio amplifier in the car
Sound Amplifier It is one of basic elements to be used in the formation of the car radio. However, not every car owner knows how to connect it and configure everything to work stably and smoothly. Let's look at this issue in more detail.
Types of car amplifiers
- Bar - the easiest option, it avtousilitel with 1 channel, where you can connect a subwoofer .
- Dual - in this case involves connecting the 2 front or 2 rear speakers. Also suitable for connecting a subwoofer. 4 speakers to devices rarely connect.
- A four - to him you can connect simultaneously 2 front and 2 rear speakers. It is also possible variant: 2 speakers connected to channels 2 and 2 other channel connected to the axle and a subwoofer connected thereto .
- five-channel - in such amplifiers 4 channels is used for the speaker, and is connected via a fifth sub .
Features connect the car amplifier
Each stereo amplifier has a plurality of connectors, which can be divided into two large groups according to their destination:
The connections for the power supply
- Three contact labeled + 12V - through their food comes from the positive terminal of the car battery. When connected it is important to bear in mind that the power supply cable must be fairly thick, thin will not work.
- GND (ground) - is used for connection to a vehicle mass, here it is important that the wire cross section does not have less feed and was quite short .
- REM - This connector amplifier is connected to the head unit (the car stereo) via the control line. Interconnect wire should have a thin third wiring, and it should be used as a control. It allows you to make sound amplifier turned on and turned off synchronous with the head unit .
The outputs for connecting speakers
connectors for connecting wires from speaker. Here we have to watch closely to contacts « + » and « - » were connected, respectively, to be the contacts on the speakers as « + » and « - ».
If you want to connect the subwoofer to the two channel amplifier bridge, then take the wire connect the subwoofer to the « + » terminal on one channel and to « - » terminal on another channel. After which the free terminals of the amplifier are connected with a short wire to each other (this is not true for all models of amplifiers before connecting recommend that you read the instructions).
Also amplifiers usually have several line inputs (lineinput) and output (output) type RCA, which are usually called « tulip » ;. They allow you to connect the amplifier to the line outputs radio using interconnect cable.
What is required to connect the amplifier?
Before you begin the work, it is necessary to prepare. To connect the amplifier you definitely need:
- The feeding wire - two segments, one long and a small one to connect to the weight;
- interconnect cable;
- The wires for the speakers;
- Self-tapping screws;
- For some amp models may also need a set of hexagons.
The procedure for mounting the amplifier in the car
- Choose a location with regard to it provides good ventilation.
- Fix the housing unit with screws or bolts.
- Next to the battery secure the fuse.
- All necessary wires gently pull to an amplifier and plug in them. Here it is necessary to take into account one thing: power cables are laid out on the speakers and interconnect wires, in order to minimize possible interference .
- Check for short circuits in the system, and can supply power.
Settings Specific audio amplifier
There are several types of regulators:
- High Pass Filter. HighFrequency or HPF. It allows you to clip the lower boundary frequency response. The most commonly used when connecting midranges and tweeters.
- Low-pass filter. LowFrequency or LPF. Allows you to clip the upper limit of reproducible frequency of the subwoofer.
- Crossover or x-over - it allows you to quickly switch between the low-pass filter, and the treble. There he and a third position, which disables all filters - « Full » or « Flat ».
- The level of sensitivity. This control typically has the designation « level » or « Gain ».
During the setup should perform these actions:
- Put on a minimum sensitivity level (turn the knob to the fully counterclockwise) .
- Turn on the radio at maximum volume and then slowly turn the sensitivity regulator to the emergence of tangible sound interference. Then return back a little, the sound is clear. That is, it is necessary to find the limit value, before moving to the interference.
- Reduce the volume to head unit to optimum level .
In the online store 130.com.ua you can buy amplifier in Kiev, Kharkov and Odessa at a good price with delivery in Ukraine.