Overview GT Parktronic P Series
Even an experienced driver sometimes has difficulty parking. The reason for this is the difficulty of controlling blind spots. Yes, there are various life hacks that help to park correctly, for example, you can glue a piece of electrical tape on the rear side window at the level with the curb and check this electrical tape at each back parking. Does it help? Yes. Is it convenient? Not really. It is more convenient to use a rear view camera or parking sensors. We’ll talk about the latter now.
What is parking sensors in general? This is a device that is designed to notify the driver of possible obstacles, approaching a specific object. Parktronic often consists of a control unit, a display and sensors, the more sensors in the kit, the more accurate information about obstacles you will receive.
Features of the GT P Series parking sensors
Let's look at a more detailed configuration and capabilities of parking sensors on the example of GT parking sensors.
So, today we are considering the GT Series P parking sensors. This series includes 3 main models, which in turn have several configuration options. Rainbow, Fusion, and Drive models. Each of these parking sensors can be either 4 or 8 sensors. And these sensors can be of different colors. There are 3 colors of sensors-white, gray and black. A total of 18 parking sensors are available in this P Series line.
The equipment on all of these parking sensors is identical:
- compact control unit for models with 4 sensors;
- actually 4 parking sensors with a diameter of 22 mm;
- display showing the distance to the obstacle;
- and a mill, also with a diameter of 22 mm, so that you can independently drill holes for the sensors in the bumper of the car.
For parking sensors with 8 sensors, the control unit is larger, which is not surprising, because you need to somehow place the connectors for all sensors, and accordingly there are 8 sensors in the kit.
By and large, Drive, Rainbow and Fusion models differ only in display. All displays are made in black with Soft Touch coating.
The GT Rainbow has the simplest LED display-you can visually see the distance to the nearest obstacle and from which side it is on the right or left.
On the GT Fusion LED display, you can more accurately see where the obstacle is, as there is a separate scale for each sensor.
And the GT Drive has the most informative and convenient LCD display. You can see all the same information on it as the Fusion model, but in addition there is an additional animation of the car’s movement and an automatic brightness adjustment function, so that even when the sun hits the screen, the information on the display will still be perfectly visible.
In addition to visual identification of obstacles, all of these parking sensors have an audible warning and the closer you are to an obstacle, the louder the notifications. This is convenient if you did not pay attention to the screen when parking or just when you handed back. A loud audible alert will make you press the brake pedal.
Main technical features
So, let's now move on to the technical specifications of parking sensors. In principle, there isn’t much to say here, but here is what you still need to pay attention to:
- Volume of sound notifications 70 dB;
- The minimum detectable distance to the obstacle is 30 cm, the maximum is 2.5 meters. And this means that if you see on the screen that the car is approaching an obstacle and the distance is decreasing and decreasing-50, 40, 30 cm and then the numbers are sharply reset-this does not mean that the obstacle miraculously disappeared, which means that you are close almost right now and urgently need to give the brakes.
- Parking sensors are protected against moisture according to the IP67 standard, so that heavy rain that can catch you by surprise will not prevent the sensors accurately determine the distance.
- Let me remind you that the diameter of the sensors is 22 mm and they operate at a frequency of 40 kHz.
All the variations of parking sensors that were in our review today can be purchased at 130.com.ua